Wednesday, November 01, 2006

So, this is my first blog post ever, i've always said i never wanted a blog, but i thought i may as well try it out, see if i like it. i mean i have basically the same thing on msn space anyways.. so here's the post i just wrote on my msn space:



So, I haven't written since just after Tamarack, and I figure it's about time I do. So, since Tamarack there's not too much that's happened. Port Burwell was great, there was the thanksgiving day festivities which were also great. I started school. So far it's going good. I've got 5 classes in total. No labs, no tutorials, nothing. It's great. So I have Micro-Economics on Monday from 7pm-10pm, Macro-Economics on Tuesday from 7pm-10pm, a music class, Singing for Non-Majors from 1pm-2:30pm and a humanities, "The Roots of Western Culture: The Middle Ages to the Renaissance (circa 400-1600 AD)" to be exact from 7pm-10pm on Wednesdays, and an Intro to Administrative Studies from 11:30am-2:30pm on Fridays. So that's keeping me pretty busy. I'm actually only in class for like 13-14 hours a week! I'm at work more than that! I work Mondays from 11:30-4, Tuesdays 11:30-4, Thursdays 11:30-5:30 and Saturdays at various times, lately 4-12. That's 22 hours of work, and 1 hour of break a week! It's awesome! I'm loving it... I think I'm actually get more hours then most of the part-time people because I'm available during some weekdays. It's working out really well. Work can be... boring at times, especially on an 8 hour shift on a Saturday... hardly anyone comes through the drive thru and it's only busy for supper on front! It's soooo boring, but hey! I'm getting paid for it and I get to take home free food so that's a plus! Anyways, enough about the boring stuff... Jesse's getting some teeth, last I heard, he has 3 starting to pop out! So that's cool! Mom, Jackie, Melissa, Jesse and I are gonna go over the border in a couple weeks to go what Brad calls "fat shopping" lol. Which is going shopping for my pregnant sister Jackie, and for some baby clothes for Jesse and the new baby! So that's gonna be a blast too! Can't wait for it! Hmm... what else... not a whole lot else is going on, I think mom and dad are gonna go down for the heritage bazaar so i might go too... who knows? i'm trying to rack my brain of what else is happening but nothing's coming to mind... OH!! BANCROFT! how could i forget that! Well, the weekend after thanksgiving, our youth group (Brad, me, Charlene, Louise, Joyce, Steve, Andrew, Ben, Josh, Zi Jin, Johnny, Matt) and some of those who helped out at tamarack (Jason, Dan, Sarah, Beth, Kevin) all went up north to the Stel's, (with the stel's as chaps) cottage for the weekend! What a blast! what a surprise it was when we were driving the 3 hours to get there and we realized, it was snowing. when we got there and for most of the weekend, it was quite snowy and cold, but it was still so much fun. We did a lot of hiking, drank tons of hot chocolate and just had a good time in fellowship and games. What an amazing weekend, filled with new friends, fun, laughter and well who could forget the encouragement letters! On both friday and saturday, we had to write these encouragement letters to someone, it was of course anonymous, which i was glad it was. so we picked names for that. My letters were great, and i've read them a few times since the cottage, what an amazing encouragement they are to me when i need it. what else happened that weekend.. hm.. well some of us played horseshoes, and soccer, and bocce ball, and i'm sure other games too. i was looking forward to volleyball but we never did end up playing. but we did go out for a late night walk and what did brad of course bring! GLOWSTICKS!!! lol that was awesome too, i got to share a room with charlene and had a great time staying up with her and having a great conversation... too bad we didn't get more of those! lol i really do enjoy good heart to hearts with people. Anyways, I don't think anything else new has happened.. not that i can think of... so i must stop writing as it is quite late and i do have work tomorrow, so it's time for me to sleep! yay!

6 comments:

Daniel and Joyce said...

HAHA! SHERYL!! You jumped on the bandwagon and got a blog. didn't i hear you say merely one week ago that you would NEVER EVER get a blog? teehee. welcome to the underworld.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of bloging..
So how's it going Sheryl? I never talk to you anymore.
I myself just currently got a blog back in September and I've gone nuts and have posted a ton of differnt crazy things..

Maybe I'll see you at a conference or something. Take care! Katelynn

Sheryl said...

lol joyce! As i mentioned in the first sentences of my blog... lol it's just a trial.. we'll see how it goes.. i'm not sure it's gonna last

Sheryl said...

and yes katelynn you're right.. we never talk anymore! hopefully we can see each other and catch up soon!

Anonymous said...

sheryl i found u!! yay i'm gonna link ur blog to mine if thats okay? so welcome to the world...where we are all super crazy, well at least all the stt bloggers are! which incl. me so...yeah my blogs pretty crazy. hope u keep up ur blog!! :)

*Kara* said...

Hi Sheryl! I found your blog through Sarah's . . .keep posting, k? Maybe I'll see you sometime soon...hmmm