Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Ok. So, like I promised, it hasn't been a whole year this time! Only a few months. ;)
So, since I last posted my niece, Alisa celebrated her first birthday on April 8, Mike celebrated his birthday on March 7, Mike and Theresa celebrated their 2nd anniversary on March 10, Robin and Jackie celebrated their 5th anniversary (how time flies) on May 1 and Brad celebrated his birthday on May 12! Melissa will be celebrating her birthday on June 18, and Doug and Melissa will be celebrating their 5th anniversary (again, how time flies!) on July 1. Also my sister Jackie and her husband, Robin had their second child! A boy named Brandon Alexander Singh born on May 25, 2009 at 5:00pm! What a little cutie! He looks so much like Anjali when she was born! Anjali likes her brother and enjoys being a big sister!
I tore a ligament a little while back (Almost a month ago now) and the doctor said it would take 6-8 weeks to heal, and 3-4 months before I'm completely back to normal (as if I ever was! heh!). It's definitely still a little sore, especially since I haven't been wearing my tensor bandage, and I've been walking on it a lot more. Stairs can also be difficult because of the bending motion that takes place going up and down. I'm on the mend, but I feel it's still going to take a little while! I shall remain patient, and not put too much strain on it!
Registration for Camp Tamarack opened last night at 8pm, and was full by today around 6:42:09 (according to Brad anyways). How quick that is! That's the fastest camp has ever filled. We were so worried that perhaps people wouldn't want to commit to camp because of the huge cost increase, and like my brother has said, "God answered our prayers overwhelmingly!" What a blessing it is to be a part of such a fantastic and truly awesome thing! Even though it takes a lot of work, and we make plans and arrangements all year round, we truly enjoy every minute of it. Once we get to camp and see all the plans we've made put into place, and everyone benefiting from it, we couldn't be happier! I will be heading up Registration and Hospitality this year, which is no big deal, I've done it enough in the past that I should be fine! I'm also on the Opening Games committee, and Sarah and I are leading a workshop together! I can't wait! And we must not forget those people who first organized Tamarack, who laid down alot of the ground work and all the people who have contributed so much to the many years we have been running camp! What a blessing it is!
We just had elections a few days ago, for the upcoming young people's year starting in September with the results President: Brad, V.P.: Andrew, Sec.: Louise, A.C.: myself and Aaron. I think it's going to be an interesting year!
I'm also really excited to be going back to school this fall! I'm so pumped that I've actually figured out what I want to go for! It's taken me a long time, and even though people told me I'ld never go back, I am, and I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest, and do my best at it for God's glory!
This Saturday, my friend, Dorothy Koerssen and her fiance Dan Schuit are getting married! Yay! I'm sure she's ready for the big day, and I pray they will be blessed in their marriage for many years to come!
Hymnsings have started up again and I made it out to the second one that was held last Friday. They will be held every Friday or Saturday for the summer. Anyone who wants to come is welcome to, old or young ;) I'm so happy to see some of my friends that I don't get to see too often! Even though some of them can be quite hyper and um, shall I say loud at times! :D
And now it's time to gear up for summer, and camp! I pray that the summer will go smoothly and that it may be a time of fun, fellowship and growth in my walk with the Lord!

Until later (again, I promise it won't be too long!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lots of anniverseries and birthdays!!

Can't wait until I can make it to a hymnsing! Hope to see you there!!!

:)

ps, I love your blog background!